What's new

Best wireless N router under $100???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

taylormah

New Around Here
I need a new wireless gigabit router, under $100, supporting WiFi N. I probably wont land a WNDR3700 or any other dual band router for that much, but what is the best one I can get in my budget range??? I use lot of bandwidth in downloads and LAN transfers. I have a mixed band wireless use in my home (1xN and 2xG clients). I have been reading lot of forums and checking my local stores and Dlink655 and Belkin N+ is predominantly strong choices for me right now, but both of these are about a year old and are not based on final standards of N draft. I also dont know what is the latest and best in the market right now. There are so many linksys routers, some netgear and dlinks, and I dont know what can do what. Guide me guys, what should I get?

Last edited:
A week ago I broke down and purchased a Linksys WRT320N to replace my D Link DIR655 which was becoming increasingly flaky. I wanted something that I could wall mount easily, that would support 802.11N and have a Gbit switch. The 320 has all of these features so I bought one. I've been very happy with it so far. I'm using the stock Linksys firmware(latest version) and all has been well. Also, this box is supported by DD-WRT if advanced features are needed.

This is my first Linksys "stingray" style box and while it does look a little weird clinging to the wall the built in antennas seem to be very effective and I have excellent 2.4Ghz coverage at my house. Mine runs cool too and I've heard that the older 310N versions tended to run hot.

I ended up paying $109 for mine at Wal Mart which is just slightly over your budget. This is the most I've ever paid for a box like this but hopefully it'll work well for a long time.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!