What's new

Best Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoneWolf3574

Occasional Visitor
As you can see by the title, I'm wondering what the best wireless router for gaming is out there. I'm not interested in brand matching it with my pci adapter, nice but not necessary right now, but it will be for maximum efficiency later. Since I do a lot of online gaming, I've been looking for a new router to compliment that.

I ask this question since my Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N WNR834B v2 Router (latest firmware) took a dump on me when I restarted my home network Monday morning (I shut it down every Sunday night as a matter of old habit not necessity). All four LAN lights lit up and that's all she wrote. I've got my cable modem plugged into my PC right now but the rest of the computers in my network are outta luck since I'm not in the mood to setup an adhoc network.

If it helps any, though I doubt it will, I have a Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless PCI Adapter WN311T. As much as I would like to continue with the hardwire to my computer, I need to keep it wireless since I would need to run a 30+ foot long ethernet cable from the router to my computer through a room, a door, and a bedroom. Between 2 kids, a wife, myself, and a cat, I doubt the cable would survive for long.

I've currently got my choices narrowed down to the D-Link DGL-4500 (in the lead) and the Linksys WRT610N. So far everything seems to point toward the D-Link N Gigabit Router. If I do go with the DGL-4500, I am curious, is the GameFuel feature just a gimmick or does it actually make any difference? It seems like it may be a gimmick to me.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!