What's new

Best Wirelss N PCI-Express Adapter (3 options)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sunefred

New Around Here
I have read several of your threads on Wireless N adapters here on SmallNetBuilder, and the consencus seem to be to stay away from internal adapters because the market is small and hence products are untried or underdeveloped. Instead I should do one of the following:

1. Use one of the many USB adapters
2. Buy a Wireless repeater or a router + DD-WRT in repeater mode

These are OK options, but lets assume that I want to have the added bandwith of PCI-Express (over USB) and not deal with another box. I have found three Wireless N PCI-Express Adapters from well known brands:

1. D-Link DWA-556 (newegg) $45
2. ASUS PCE-N13 (newegg) $30
3. MP2W-6200 PCI-e Desktop adapter with Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200 (bplustech.com) $75

I am looking for any personal experience you might have with the above adapters, or other adapters in this class (PCI-Express N Adapters). In particular I am curious if any of you have tried the third option with the PCI Express Mini Card to PCI Express adapter. The Intel wireless cards seems to be what is used for the reviews here at SmallNetBuilder, so this option is very interesting even if it is a little more expensive.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!