What's new

BestRouter For My Book Live 3TB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lefty666

New Around Here
I have an asus RT-AC66U and can't connect a My book Live to it!
It's driving me crazy!!! I had both WD & Asus' Tech support ,& Neither could get me up and running. I was gonna buy a Synology DS213+ n 2 3TB NAS WD Hd's. But that's way more than I need ,not to mention way too expensive for what I need it for. I just want to share some Photo's,Music n Videos mwith my kids. 1 lives in Philly n the other in LA. So all I need is a 3TB Nas drive n since they have updated the firmware for the My Book Live, That would b perfect! Problem as I stated is i have the asus RT-AC66U router
and Can't connect the MBLL 2 it .Grrrrrrr.. I have the router and I'm stuck with it.
I have the 3TB My Book Live and have another 20 days b4 I have to return it.
If I was gonna buy the Synology DS213+ N 2 HD's, It would cost me over $700 Bucks. And I'm in the middle oif a new build and need the extra cash for that.
So my question basically is which is the best router to buy for the MBL which only cost $180. I was looking at the Netgear WNDR4500. Will that do the trick? thanks
Lefty666:confused: Anjd I sure as hell dont want to hook up a HD to the usb ports on the router ,cause for sure the transfer speeds will be horrible.
Any Help would b Greatly appeciated!!!
TY Again
Lefty

Last edited:
Please describe what you mean by you can't connect the NAS to the router. What isn't working?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online