What's new

Binding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

welim

Occasional Visitor
Hello, in one of my house, I uses Zenwifi AX stock firmware and I can do binding. Ie selected clients can bind to whichever Aimesh node you wish to especially those stationery client like SmartTV to the closest Aimesh node.
This, I can’t find any Merlin firmware. So I’m using the stock.

In my other house, I used ax86 pro and ax11000 to create the Aimesh. It uses the latest Merlin firmware. However it cannot be bind. After clicking to bind, it will not work. It don’t show “unbind” . So I don’t really know if it will works. The GUI also didn’t change on the binding.
Is this a known issue?

Thank you very much

This is merlin firmware 388.8_2 release. Binding cannot work. Also, the client list for the AIMESH will not update properly. E.g if my phone connect to 5G or 2.4G, whether in the AIMESH main node or subnode, it will not show.
My AIMESH main node is in AP mode. The main router will be able to see my phone IP and MAC in the client list but the AIMESH main node or subnode, it will not show. It seems not updating clients connecting to them

Attachments

• 388.8_2_release.png
    388.8_2_release.png
    97 KB · Views: 12
You might do better to use the more capable device as the main router. I'm not sure that it will cure the issue that you are seeing, but it would certainly be my starting point!

My optical modem is a bridge. It connect to my AX88U where it act as a router. Since its at my basement, I disabled the wifi. One of the LAN port is connected to my AX86U_PRO as the main AIMESH operating as wireless AP. The node is AX11000.
IMHO, AX86U_PRO is equivalently good vs AX11000 😅. I find the wifi for AX86U_PRO is better. So I use it as the main AIMESH node. The signal qualityis always "GREAT" :)

I do not understand why today I found that the binding works. It can now show "unbind" on those clients which I've bined previously. As I cannot find the root cause to it, for people encountering something weird like myself, just reboot main aimesh router.