What's new

"Block internet access" toggle in Client Status GUI doesn't stick

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Luboknok

Regular Contributor
When toggling the "Block internet access"switch under the Client Status entry for any particular device, it doesn't actually apply the change. The switch toggles then I press the "Apply" button. When checking the device is still in it's original state (blocked or active). I've noticed this issue on numerous Merlin revisions across three routers, currently AX88u Pro. Once in a while it works properly. Am I missing something?

1719946256557.png

Seems to be working fine on a RT-AX86U Pro running Asus-Merlin 3004.388.7.
Check the Parental Controls > Time Scheduling section in the router GUI. That is where one should see a list of devices that have time scheduling (like blocking internet access) listed.

Examples:
Time_Scheduling.jpg

Editing a Time Schedule Entry:
Time_Scheduling_Edit.jpg

Network Map entry:
Network_Map_Block.jpg

Same for me, running 388.7 on 4xXT12s in wireless backhaul. Same behaviour via web UI and Asus app.

I think the issue first appeared on 388.6, and the feature used to work flawlessly before.

It is working flawlessly at my RT-AX88u Pro.

@Luboknok
Did you accept the privacy policy? Maybe this is necessary for proper functioning.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!