What's new

Bridge Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Csection

I cannot get my R7800 to connect in "Bridge" mode. I have tried different settings, but nothing seems to work.
I had a previous R7800 that would work for this, but my current one will not connect.
I have read most of the threads on this, but to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated!

bridge mode normally refers to a modem and when you bypass its routing features

what exactly are you trying to achieve and how are you connecting it

A router may be used in bridge mode...it connects via wireless to your main router, then the wired ports on the bridge mode router are available for use, but no wireless from the bridge router. The router running in bridge mode doesn't do any routing, etc., just provides remote access for your wired internet; i.e. acts as a bridge. You get essentially the same speed at the ports of the bridge node as the wireless that it receives. Very useful. This is sometimes called "media bridge" mode, but it's the same thing.

bridge mode normally refers to a modem and when you bypass its routing features

what exactly are you trying to achieve and how are you connecting it
I am trying to connect between two routers with the internal setting on the R7800 to another router on my lan. It works if I use the Asus as the bridge, but I can't get it to work with the R7800 as the bridge.
The R7800 has a bridge mode, but I can't get it to connect as a media bridge.

A router may be used in bridge mode...it connects via wireless to your main router, then the wired ports on the bridge mode router are available for use, but no wireless from the bridge router. The router running in bridge mode doesn't do any routing, etc., just provides remote access for your wired internet; i.e. acts as a bridge. You get essentially the same speed at the ports of the bridge node as the wireless that it receives. Very useful. This is sometimes called "media bridge" mode, but it's the same thing.
Correct! I just can't get the R7800 to connect to my main router.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online