What's new

Brother printer not recognized

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davidc

New Around Here
I've tried two Brother printers, HL-2275DW and MFC-J450DW, via Ethernet and USB.

The RT-AX58U sees what's connected to the USB but I can't print to it.

I assigned an IP to the Mac address of the HL-2275DW - still no joy.

Do I need the Merlin firmware to fix this?

I have 2 brother printers, one on 2.4Ghz wifi and the other one on Ethernet. I have my network settings on the printers on DHCD to make it easy. No issues that way

Connecting a printer via USB or WiFi can create additional complications so concentrate on getting the HL-2275DW working via Ethernet.

Have you configured the HL-2275DW's network interface to use DHCP? After powering on the printer can you see it successfully getting it's address (look in the router's System Log and on the printer itself)?

Assuming the printer has the correct network settings can you ping it from a PC?

I agree... get it working on Ethernet.

Another idea to try for an Ethernet printer... give it a static IP address and then install its driver package on the PC.

OE

Turns out it was a WPS thing. I found a match between the printer and the router ... working now. Thanks!

I agree... get it working on Ethernet.

Another idea to try for an Ethernet printer... give it a static IP address and then install its driver package on the PC.

OE
That is exactly how I got all my HP Printers working perfectly on my LAN. I can print to them from any device via wired Ethernet or wireless Wifi as long as those devices have the necessary drivers installed (computers, phones, tablets, iPads, etc.) and are connected to the Asus router.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online