What's new

Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N... anyone have it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lalato

Occasional Visitor
Anyone have experience with the Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N. It's the single band version of the WZR-HP-G300NH that has been reviewed on the site.

If you have played with one of these, what are your thoughts? Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks,
--sam

The new article on the front page makes this an even more interesting router. I assume that people that currently have this or one of the other HP Buffalo routers will be able to upgrade to the DD-WRT based firmware.

The new article on the front page makes this an even more interesting router. I assume that people that currently have this or one of the other HP Buffalo routers will be able to upgrade to the DD-WRT based firmware.
Yes. Also, if you don't care for DD-WRT, Buffalo tells me that you will be able to use their standard firmware.

... Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N. It's the single band version of the WZR-HP-G300NH
As far as I know, they are both single band.

The differences, with stock firmware, are the WZR-HP-G300NH uses 3 Tx and 3 Rx antennas, has Gigabit, and WDS (w/ latest firmware). Whereas, the WHR-HP-G300N uses 2 Tx and 2 Rx antennas, has 100MBit, and WDS support.

Those are the essential features, the WZR-HP-G300NH also has NAS and BitTorrent support.

In terms of hardware,

WHR-HP-G300N Hardware:
Chipset Atheros ar7240
RAM 32 MB
FLASH 4 MB

WZR-HP-G300NH Hardware:
Chipset Atheros ar9132
RAM 64 MB
FLASH 32 MB

It seems that the WHR-HP-G300N is just the younger brother of the WZR-HP-G300NH. What I am really curious about is whether or not using DD-WRT will even the playing field on both routers, in terms of features. Not to mention if there is any performance difference on the WHR-HP-G300N.

As it stands, there is only a $20 difference between the two routers (using Newegg ).

EDIT: Here is Buffallo's comparison chart.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!