What's new

Bug? Clean /jffs/ and /tmp/mnt/sda1 after restart?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cumulonimbus

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

i have enabled /jffs/ and copied some file to it.

mkdir /jffs/sundtek/
cp /test.cfg /jffs/sundtek/

After Restart:
admin@RT-AC66U:/jffs# ls
configs scripts

Also, a formated USB-Stick on ext3 (mounted as /tmp/mnt/sda1/ is clean after reboot.

Any Idea whats going on?

Last edited:
Hi,

i have enabled /jffs/ and copied some file to it.

mkdir /jffs/sundtek/
cp /test.cfg /jffs/sundtek/

After Restart:
admin@RT-AC66U:/jffs# ls
configs scripts

Also, a formated USB-Stick on ext3 (mounted as /tmp/mnt/sda1/ is clean after reboot.

Any Idea whats going on?

For JFFS, either you are running an old version of the FW (there was a bug where the format flag wouldn't get reset once done formatting), or you selected the option to format the JFFS partition without rebooting, so on next reboot it went ahead and reformatted the partition.

For the USB stick, there is nothing in the firmware that could explain its content disappearing.

For JFFS, either you are running an old version of the FW (there was a bug where the format flag wouldn't get reset once done formatting), or you selected the option to format the JFFS partition without rebooting, so on next reboot it went ahead and reformatted the partition.

i run these Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374.32 (Merlin build)
But i have do an update via Firmware-Update from your 3.0.0.4.372.32 beta 3, then reformat jffs on next boot. Thats the Reason?

i run these Firmware: 3.0.0.4.374.32 (Merlin build)
But i have do an update via Firmware-Update from your 3.0.0.4.372.32 beta 3, then reformat jffs on next boot. Thats the Reason?

You might have forgotten to reboot after setting the reformat option perhaps.

One thing to note: the RT-AC66U (like the RT-AC56U) has enough flash space that you can be sure that the jffs content will NOT be lost when updating to a new firmware, unlike the RT-N16 and RT-N66U where the jffs partition will use whatever space is left by the firmware partition itself (which can change size).

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!