What's new

Can AI Protection protect network from WannaCrypt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aavvtomjerry

Occasional Visitor
Dear all

I am not sure that the AI Protection from Trend Micro on Asus Router can detect or protect from WannaCrypt Ransomware to the device connect to this router or not.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...oit-leaked-by-shadow-brokers-is-on-a-rampage/

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA17-132A

I am not sure that if some of device in the network infected with this Ransomware is it possible to spread in the network or AiProtection can detect and block it.

The FAQ from the website look like it can protect but I am not sure that is it include ransomware or not.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Updating Windows will protect you against it. Microsoft issued a patch for it nearly two months ago.

People that got infected are people who don't keep their systems up-to-date, or that still use systems that are no longer supported for many years (i.e. Windows XP).

Updating Windows will protect you against it. Microsoft issued a patch for it nearly two months ago.

People that got infected are people who don't keep their systems up-to-date, or that still use systems that are no longer supported for many years (i.e. Windows XP).

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I understand this point but I cannot control or check all device that join the network because not all devices my own so I ask this question.

Currently only few antiviruses can catch it. Your main protection would be not to expose ports TCP 445/139 into internet (which should be default router behavior). WannaCry is constantly scanning those ports to distribute itself to other systems via backdoor in depreciated protocol SMBv1.

And yes as RMerlin said - always keep you systems up to date.

Currently only few antiviruses can catch it. Your main protection would be not to expose ports TCP 445/139 into internet (which should be default router behavior). WannaCry is constantly scanning those ports to distribute itself to other systems via backdoor in depreciated protocol SMBv1.

And yes as RMerlin said - always keep you systems up to date.

Thanks for your information.

I also want to point out that enabling "Vulnerability Protection" can cause timeout if you using cms where you can enter <script> tag. I just found out that when I was working on Bricolage CMS today.