What's new

Can ASUS RT-AC66U be used to share 4G connection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrJyrks

New Around Here
Hi!

I'm considering buying Asus RT-AC66U to share 4G connection. Since I won't have an opportunity to get a decent fiberoptical connection to my home anytime soon (following current development at our town, it may take many years), I thought I'd get a 4G broadband connection with unlimited bandwidth and 100mbps speed limit since my whole town is covered with 4G, and it's just 40€ per month. Can I use Asus rt-ac66u to share my 4g connection or not?? Or maybe I should buy a decent 4G router and route it to the rt-ac66u if that's possible?

I read from here - http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...-band-wireless-ac1750-gigabit-router-reviewed that a select number of USB WWAN modems are also supported that lets the router use 3G/4G networks as primary or backup internet sources.

What I wan't to know is if I will be able to get that 100mbps speed if I use a usb dongle and connect it to the asus router and maybe use an external antenna for the dongle. I've seen people get almost 100mbps connections using a 4G usb modem.

Thanks anyway!