What's new

Can Asus XT9 5Ghz-2 Use Lower Channels (36-64)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

collector930

New Around Here
Hi,

Is there any way to make Asus XT9 5Ghz-2 use lower WiFi channels (36-64)?

I have an ethernet backhaul so I wanted to used the 4x4 5Ghz band for fronthaul instead of backhaul. Also, I've found that the 5Ghz-2 band gets about 20% to 40% more speed than the 5Ghz-1 at > 15 feet, for both AX and AC clients.

However, I found that even if I turn off the 5Ghz-1 band radio, the lower channels are still not selectable for 5Ghz-2. I want to do this in order to use the lower 160Mhz channel (36-64), because I have some devices that can use 160Mhz. The upper 160Mhz channel (100-128) is not really usable in my region due to frequent radar events in channels 116-132. For example when the XT9 starts up, it often selects channel 100 (within DFS and Weather Radar Channel), but within 30 minutes will switch to channel 155, and the wireless log will say something about interference near channels 116-132.

Or maybe just get a GT-6 or ET12 mesh (more $$ and don't really like the looks).

Thanks in advance.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!