What's new

Can i disable one of the 5G radios when I use wired backhaul?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ttonyyao

New Around Here
I am Aimesh with AX11000 Pro and GT6, using 2.5G wired backhaul.

Can i disable one of the 5G radios when I use wired backhaul?

Theoretically, I think I can do like this, but technically, is that helpful? Due to my number of devices, I don't need to have 2 5G radios. I heard, two 5G bands simultaneously work at the same time could interfere with one another somewhat.

Let me know your thoughts.

Later if you gonna have multiple AX capable mobile devices, you are going to miss bandwidth with less radios.

You can. But why would you do that?
Both 5GHz radios are working on different channels, it will not interfere one with another. And router+node will balance your clients between the 2.
A bonus if you're in Europe is the higher channels can use more power than lower ones. So you'll get slightly better coverage.

Wireless is much better on 5GHz channels vs 2.4 (higher speeds, less congestion from neighbours, less interference, AX is a different beast on 5GHz than it is in 2.4). Unless you doesn't have any wireless clients, don't disable either 5GHz. You won't save any significant electricity but you'll be making your life slightly harder.

You can. But why would you do that?
Both 5GHz radios are working on different channels, it will not interfere one with another. And router+node will balance your clients between the 2.
A bonus if you're in Europe is the higher channels can use more power than lower ones. So you'll get slightly better coverage.

Wireless is much better on 5GHz channels vs 2.4 (higher speeds, less congestion from neighbours, less interference, AX is a different beast on 5GHz than it is in 2.4). Unless you doesn't have any wireless clients, don't disable either 5GHz. You won't save any significant electricity but you'll be making your life slightly harder.
Thank you for explaining. I have reenabled the bands, now there is two 5Ghz bands with wired backhaul, one is enabled with 160Mhz, and one is 80Mhz, I connect devices deliberately as per the bandwidth's needs.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!