What's new

Can I use my WNDR3700 with FiOS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erickp

New Around Here
I'm switching over to Fios TV & Internet and I have the installer coming by next week. Apparently, the router Verizon uses is pretty good but sucks as a wireless router. I've read that the Netgear WNDR3700 (i presently own) can be used as my FiOS router instead of the one they provide. Does anyone have experience with the WNDR3700 connect via FiOS?

I'm not sure if they'll give me a hard time about installing my WNDR3700 instead of their own router.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice? Thanks!

~erickp

Fair enough.

Do you see the benefits of bypassing the Verizon router to use my WNDR3700? To be honest, all I know about the Verizon router is that they use "Actiontec MI424-WR rev. F" which i'm not familiar. If there isn't any major benefits to using that over my Netgear WNDR3700, as my wireless router then it's good to know. Just trying to make the right choice.

Keep in mind, I know a little about networking but I'm far from a guru. So, I apologize if these question are annoying. Just trying to figure things out. Thank you!

Unless you have special requirements, the Actiontec should suit you fine. Before you go through a lot of trouble, why not just use the Verizon-installed router? If it does everything you need it to do, leave it alone.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!