What's new

Can I use wifi on bridged modem?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

olbas

New Around Here
I am changing from a virgin connection to 5G. My previous system was using the virgin hub in modem mode to my ASUS RT-AC87U. I want to keep all the configuration of the Asus, and the extra LAN sockets, so I have put the 5Gmodem (Zyxel NR5103EV2) in IP Passthrough mode, and all seems to be working well, with comparable speeds to Virgin.

But the modem has wi-fi 6, now reporting no internet connection. Is it possible to use that as well as the ASUS?

But the modem has wi-fi 6, now reporting no internet connection. Is it possible to use that as well as the ASUS?
I doubt it, but whether or not would be specific to that device. The manual does not address this question. The post below implies that the Wi-Fi would only be used as a way to access the Zyxel's admin interface. That person managed to disable the Wi-Fi and use ethernet to connect to the Zyxel just like the VM Hub does.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!