What's new

Can the RT-AC68U max my connection with OpenVPN (PIA)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

philkessel

New Around Here
I currently have a 40/10 internet connection. I was wondering if the RT-AC68U would be able to max that connection with out having to disable wifi on it?

I mainly use Ethernet on my PC, but use wifi on my Roku 3 (to stream TV from my cable provider), ipad and xbox. So i need to be able to max my connection over wifi and Ethernet and was wondering if the RT-AC68U CPU could handle this with OpenVPN. I've honestly never set up a VPN on a router before, so not really sure how it works yet and not sure the highest level of encryption that PIA supports in their OpenVPN CONF files these days. I've been with them for 3 years and use AES-256, RSA-4096 on my PC, but really want to be able to just do it all on my router. So trying to figure out if it is worth spending the extra money on this router. If it can't handle OpenVPN. I'll most likely just get a cheaper router.

Probably should do a search on the SNB forums, as your questions have been asked and answered many times over...