What's new

Can't log into my AC68U over iPhone LTE/4G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dweezilkid

New Around Here
Hey all... first time poster. Go easy on me ;)

I've just set up a brand new AC68U, and everything's running smoothly. My devices are connected, printer is shared, and I've even got my desktop set up for wake-on-lan.

Only problem is, to use WOL I need to log into my router's web admin page remotely. It works over wifi on my iPhone when I type in my DYNDNS address. But as soon as I turn off wi-fi and switch to LTE or 4G, it won't connect. Any thoughts?

DYNDNS? Or ddns?

Did you set up a port forwarding or proper port?

Sorry, ddns (xxxxx.getmyip.com). On my old router, I had to specify port 8080 to access the web gui from another device. Now using my iPhone with the AC68U, I can only access the web gui through wifi when I don't specify the port (just by typing the ddns address or external IP).

I haven't set up any specific port forwarding (and I'll admit I've always been a little fuzzy when it comes to doing that). What would you suggest?

I see the router has an option for dyndns.org under ddns options. I'm not familiar with it, so I can't help you.

Try using www.Asus.com in ddns options. it worked for me.

Let me clarify -- it's not a DNS problem. If I type in the actual IP address, it won't bring up the login page either. I read somewhere the default port for Asus routers is 80 (as opposed to 8080 on my old one). I've tried both, and neither works. Is there some setting in the router config to allow access to the router's UI from an outside source?

As luck would have it, I had to leave on a short trip just before you posted that reply. Sorry for the delayed response... that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!