What's new

Can't See Individual Bands on AX6600

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fishesman

New Around Here
I have an AX6600 set up as AIMesh with two nodes. I've had trouble connecting devices to my network like an older HP printer and a wireless bird feeder camera. I started to dig into the issue and noticed that the router was set to smart connect and was in 5 GHz-2 backhaul only mode. I don't recall setting it up in backhaul mode when I first installed the equipment a couple of years ago, so maybe settings changed in an update? I switched smart connect off and changed to 2.4, 5-1, 5-2 GHz band mode. I thought this would solve the problem by allowing me to connect each device manually to the band I desire, but the individual bands don't show up in my network list (there's only one network called ASUS ZenWifi AX6600). As I was trying to sort all this out I realized that my guest network also isn't showing in my list of available networks. I checked the settings and a 2.4 GHz guest network is enabled. Can anyone tell me why I can't see the individual bands on my network list? How about the guest network? My firmware is up to date. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!