What's new

cat broke my WRT610n

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mechtheist

New Around Here
Today my Linksys WRT610n kinda died, half-way. I am not sure but there was a cat sitting on the power transformer when I looked after seeing the lights all out.
OK, powered back up and the router functions are dead, I can still talk amongst the 3 PC's connected to it, and it lets me get on the internet with my main PC (thankfully it chose that one), so it is acting like a switch now, that is all that shows in the windows network map, says 'switch". I have cycled power numerous times, even letting it sit unpowered for 30min+ and it ain't coming back. Went back to provided CD and it can't talk to router. Wireless doesn't work.
Any ideas of WTF, and is there anything I can use this thing for besides paperweight?
thanks for any info.

If you can still reach the Internet while connected to a router LAN port, the router is still working.

If you can log into the router admin, I'd try reloading firmware.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!