What's new

Changing Mac Address?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S

Silvester Norman

In order to change MAC Address you need to use Terminal app, but I don't know how to use it.Could anybody instruct me at the very beginning like from opening the app till the last step?

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to change MAC Address you need to use Terminal app, but I don't know how to use it.Could anybody instruct me at the very beginning like from opening the app till the last step?

One never changes the MAC address of a product. Most don't permit it.
If your ISP requires a MAC address for your service contract, and you need to change that, just call them with the new MAC address.

Some routers can masquerade your preferred MAC address on the WAN port, if the ISP is so old and klunky that they want a PC's MAC address.

Otherwise, I think the OP needs to restate the need for us to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be more about running around quotas/throttling perhaps - as this can definitely be tracked by the WAN MAC address - while a lot of Broadband ISP's allow for more than one MAC address, the DPI counts not against the MAC address, but the Account Holder... in any event, normally they use the MAC address (or other info) on the Modem/CPE, not on the devices attached to that CPE.

Different ISP's have different policies.

In any event - changing the MAC address is fairly simple - use some google-fu and depending on your operating system...

Otherwise, I think the OP needs to restate the need for us to help.

Was a spammer. The new formula is:

Low effort thread + unrelated link + IP from Airtel Broadband (India).