What's new

Changing to Asus AC68U today - What are the most secure settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guardian

New Around Here
I am switching from a netgear3700 over to Asus68U. Long story short on my old router I was dealing with LAN access, dos attacks, etc. I got a real quick lesson in malware, reading router logs, internet security, turning Up2p off etc.

Basically, I want to make sure our new router is not broadcast, cannot be accessed via Remote LAN. We do not store anything personal on our devices or use cloud storage nor do we use any torrent clients. We have also started using a VPN.

Asus will be a new interface for me to learn so thank you in advance to anyone that can provide information.

Asus will be a new interface for me to learn so thank you in advance to anyone that can provide information.
Hi,

The simple way forward:
  1. Go for the latest firmware (with all know security issues fixed :) ) and do a factory reset after the update.
  2. Leave every option you DO NOT NEED or DO NOT UNDERSTAND on factory default.
  3. Have fun with you great Asus router!

The complex way forward
  1. Go for the latest firmware (with all know security issues fixed :) ) and do a factory reset after the update.
  2. Check each and every setting and try to understand the meaning and the impact for you. Use the search function in the forum and Google to find the information.
  3. Have fun with you great Asus router (much later then with the simple option)! :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool: