What's new

Cisco e4200 vs. e4200 v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andrizzle

New Around Here
Hi all,

I'm new to these forums. So, hi!

I have a question for you. I'll be upgrading my gateway next week from the WRT54Gs2 (which worked fine for me for a long time) to something much more beefy. Reason being, I moved from a one bedroom apartment in LA to a house with room mates. All of them are network illiterate. We tried running the WRT54gs2 for a long time, but it's getting tired, and needs way to much medication now.

I'd like to get the Cisco e4200, but wanted a little more input before I pulled the trigger. I've read the review of the e4200v2 and doesn't sound like it's totally necessary over the e4200. My only reservation is in the hardware. The v2's hardware specs obliterate the e4200 (http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...inksys-e4200v2-dual-band-n900-router-reviewed) wanted to see if any of you had more insight about which way to go.

Network I need to support:
6-15 continuous connections.
Large network, spread out over our house.
I will use the WRT54Gs2 as a wireless bridge in the distant portion of the house after I get the new gateway set up.

Thank you all