What's new

Cisco WRVS4400N vs E4200 and Netgear N900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Black Phoenix

New Around Here
Did any one have an opinion relating this Cisco Router:

CISCO WRVS4400N
cisco-wifi-n-vpn-gigabit-router-wrvs4400n-1105-28-Chocobozz@131.jpg

I had the change to get an hand at him at the same price the E4200 cost, so I do not know if really should stay with the E4200 or go to this one!

Mainly at home most of the equipments are connected via Ethernet, only a the iPad 2, iPhone 4s and the Mac Book are the wireless counterparts.

Since the E4200 have lots of problems (lack of FW stable and with all the problems solved, overheating and wireless problems) should I go directly for the business couterpart. I was thinking and really do not will take advantage from all the 450Mbps dual band equipment capable, since as I told the biggest "traffic heavy" equipments are connected via ethernet.

450mbps does improve the 300mbps limits so you get a bit more to what you can get since the other one was measured at 65mbps to 270mbps.

Why not get the EA4500 much improvement over the E4200. This Cisco one seems weak in some areas you're talking about.