What's new

CLI AiMesh RT-AX92U force sync

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SDoo

New Around Here
I found a lot of information on SNB, it was very helpful.

But still a small thing I didn't found...

I can enable a Guest network on the AiMesh router by using CLI - telnet: nvram set wl0.1_bss_enabled=1
But then it is only enabled on the router, not on the nodes. When using the web or app, it does sync to the nodes, so I know it can work.

Should I send a command.... sync the new settings to the nodes? And if so... what should it be?

---------------------------------------------------------
Commands found/used, maybe helpful for others:
nvram get wl0.1_bss_enabled
nvram set wl0.1_bss_enabled=1
nvram set wl0.2_ssid=MYNEWSSID
nvram commit
service restart_wireless
nvram show | grep ssid (replace SSID with other words to know more)

I can explain the goal. I need an external trigger to trigger the guest network on / off.

It will probably in the end be a physical button that will turn on/off the guest network.

I can make a physical button send out SSH. Meaning I can make a -press this button to enable (or disable) the guest network.

But it should sync to the nodes. Inside the web-page of ASUS it works. Also on the iOS App. I just don't know the command it is sending out, so I can copy it into pure SSH.

The website mentions: create_guest_unit(2,1);

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!