What's new

Client VPN Help - Merlin Build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

giraffe

Occasional Visitor
Sorry I'm trying my best to navigate OpenVPN guides under tomato and get this configured for my BT Guard account, and I have searched this forum every way I can think, but I'm still unsuccessful. I have the 246.19 merlin build.

This is the config file recommended by BT Guard for Linux - I assume that's the best starting point for for configuring the Open VPN client:

client
dev tun
proto tcp
remote vpn.btguard.com 1194
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca btguard.ca.crt
;comp-lzo
verb 3
mute 3
auth-user-pass
mute-replay-warnings
float
reneg-sec 0

I've tried copying settings others recommend, I've also tried just pasting this into the config section at the bottom, but I receive error "unrecognized option or missing parameter." I see there are duplicates in this list with the GUI config option above. So I guess my question:

1. Is there a link someone has I can follow that will help me get setup with BT Guard. I don't want to wasted anyone's time if it's readily available on the net.

2. If not, should I take the configuration here and implement that above? Would I have some of the options I cannot find above left in the Custom Configuration settings?

3. Or do the custom configuration settings overwrite?

Finally I am not locked to BTguard, but it just seems in my research they are one of the more secure out there. If there are other options that are equal or greater with anonymity / security that would allow me to config this router easier please shoot me straight.

Thanks!

I kept all settings names on the webui the same as on Tomato. See if that provider offers any Howto for Tomato, you can follow it almost to the letter under Asuswrt-Merlin.

You can't just paste the whole config in the custom section, as the configurable options above will conflict with them.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online