What's new

client6_send error Messages

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krum

Regular Contributor
I am getting this in my log;
dhcp6c[1987]: client6_send: transmit failed: Network is unreachable
I have spanning tree enabled; tried disable and Enable and reboot;
running 2.70.26

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Chris

I am getting this in my log;
dhcp6c[1987]: client6_send: transmit failed: Network is unreachable
I have spanning tree enabled; tried disable and Enable and reboot;
running 2.70.26

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Chris

Spanning tree has nothing to do with WAN. Does your ISP support native IPv6 through DHCP? If not, then you shouldn't enable DHCP support on the IPv6 page.

Got it fixed rebooted modem and router hopefully that will fix it for awhile going to see how long , I am on Comcast maybe on the sycophant release it might come back , I will keep an eye on it and let you know ,
Also thanks for all you do Eric I see your really busy in the other forums always helping out thanks !

Chris

OK problem came back;
Nvram clear
flashed .270 (None Merlin)
configured IPV6
added Opendns Sandbox on IPv6 DNS Server
apply result in broken client6
configured router
shut down 60 sec powered on
it works;
if I just go into IPV6 and hit apply it breaks..

Chris.

I have seen this error too and think i found out what it is.

I think when you enable ipv6 the router doesn't initially connect to ipv6 and is unable to make a connection so it will give that error ( if you go to your ipv6 page and don't see any information filled in you will see the error). I found that once my ipv6 connects (involves me going to the "network map" and turning off the internet connection and then turning it back on) the errors stop. Basically its the router being unable to connect to ipv6, but once it connects the messages stop