What's new

CMAX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freddyjuarez

Regular Contributor
Ive read that it's better to get a modem and router separate but men I'm eyeing the Asus CMAX6000, This 4x4 dual-band Wi-Fi cable modem router has a total networking speed of about 6,000 Mbps, which is 2.3 times faster than 802.11ac 4x4 dual-band cable modem routers. It also provides 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for faster wireless connections.. I just need to know even with all that wording making it sound so amazing should I stay away from it????

Because fyi I was thinking about buying the
RT-BE96U

This 4x4 dual-band Wi-Fi cable modem router has a total networking speed of about 6,000 Mbps, which is 2.3 times faster than 802.11ac 4x4 dual-band cable modem routers.

On paper only. Your AC clients will work the same way and your AX clients may be about 40% faster closer to the router. Since 160MHz wide channels are not guaranteed and not all devices support 160MHz you are looking at up to 600Mbps (AC) vs up to 850Mbps (AX) to common 2-stream client. Does it look like 2.3 times faster to you now? The same applies to RT-BE96U to your existing AC/AX clients.

Just last Thursday my home network hit the point where we have more 5GHz "AX" (& BE) devices than 5GHz "AC" devices, and they're still dwarfed by the number of 2.4GHz "N" devices - even after rationalizing these down somewhat. AX certainly doesn't feel as revolutionary as the step change when moving from A, B, G, & N to AC.

Also @freddyjuarez has to check if this device is approved by the ISP and if it is - be ready to deal with eventual connection issues. The ISP most likely won't support subscriber owned devices. My recommendation - ISP device whatever they provide with separate own router whatever the user wants.

Also @freddyjuarez has to check if this device is approved by the ISP and if it is - be ready to deal with eventual connection issues. The ISP most likely won't support subscriber owned devices. My recommendation - ISP device whatever they provide with separate own router whatever the user wants.
Well right now I have a Netgear cm1000 and Asus 5300 I need to ask about if they support the cmx6000 well that's if I decide to go for it....

Keep your modem, it's the same DOCSIS 3.1 version. Upgrade your router if you want/need to. You are not getting 6Gbps from AX6000 and 19Gbps from BE19000 - guaranteed. The last real life Wi-Fi upgrade was Wi-Fi 5 (AC). Everything above is conditional and/or with shorter range.

Keep your modem, it's the same DOCSIS 3.1 version. Upgrade your router if you want/need to. You are not getting 6Gbps from AX6000 and 19Gbps from BE19000 - guaranteed. The last real life Wi-Fi upgrade was Wi-Fi 5 (AC). Everything above is conditional and/or with shorter range.
I made my final decision I was eyeing the
RT-BE96U because it's wifi7 don't get me wrong it's a hella of beast but, I'm going for the ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 it just seems to be way better even tho the RT-BE96U beats the AXE16000 in the ports department the
AXE 16000 has 4 bands...

I made my final decision I was eyeing the
RT-BE96U because it's wifi7 don't get me wrong it's a hella of beast but, I'm going for the ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 it just seems to be way better even tho the RT-BE96U beats the AXE16000 in the ports department the
AXE 16000 has 4 bands...
You made a good decision.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!