What's new

Configuring a gateway modem & RT-AC68R for DLNA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BHZizou

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a Ubee DVW3201B gateway modem in one of my rooms & using it to connect to 4 devices via ethernet cables. Three of those ethernet cables are connected to a PC & two Smart TV's, while the 4th cable connects to a recently purchased Asus RT-AC68R router (living room)... LAN-to-WAN method, which then connects to an Xbox One & another Smart TV (both wired connections).

I already have wireless disabled (but still in NAT mode) on the Ubee gateway modem, and would like to find the best way to configure my home network, so that way I can keep all 5 already mentioned wired connections (in order to get full HSD speeds), stream stuff (DLNA) between them & other wireless devices (laptops, cellphones and possibly a printer) which will be connected wirelessly to the Asus RT-AC68R router... also connected to an external hard drive via USB 3.0 port.

Would I benefit if I switch to LAN-to-LAN method... and are there any other features on this router that could be enabled in my case?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated...