What's new

Connecting to a Wireless Printer on 2.4ghz from a device on 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Toodyt

Occasional Visitor
I have a AC3200 which I have a HP wireless Printer. For some reason the printer will not connect to the 5ghz band even if i disable the 2.4ghz band on it.
The Printer connects to the 2.4ghz however all of the devices i want to print with are on the 5 ghz band and do not connect to the printer!
Is there a way to bridge the 2 bands!

They will be bridged already via the router.
If your devices are not finding it then it’s not because they are on different bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that is my point.
Is there a way to make it so both bands can use the printer other than the USB port?
The printer is located in another room?

It doesn’t matter which band any device is on, they can all talk to each other.
Look for other reasons that it is not working as this isn’t it.

Ok thanks I thought that should be the case.
However I can print from a windows pc wired to the router.

I have a AC3200 which I have a HP wireless Printer. For some reason the printer will not connect to the 5ghz band even if i disable the 2.4ghz band on it.
The Printer connects to the 2.4ghz however all of the devices i want to print with are on the 5 ghz band and do not connect to the printer!
Is there a way to bridge the 2 bands!

I had an 86U WLAN app to LAN device connectivity issue that went away when I disabled Wireless\Professional\Airtime Fairness for both bands.

OE

Changing the airtime fairness made no difference.

Can print from a wired windows pc through the Wifi. Can also ping the printer from the pc.

Can not ping printer from any device on wireless!

Two thoughts: Make sure your wireless devices are not connecting to a guest SSID, and make sure AP Isolated (in Wireless - Professional) is set to No for each band.

P.S. I thought the RT-AC3200 was a tri-band device? You talk about it as though it only has two bands.

That was the Key!
Printer is now connected from all devices.

Thank you very much Colintaylor and everyone!

Sorry no it was AP Isolated changed to YES!

Also yes the Router is Tri Band.
2 of the bands are 5ghz.
You can Adjust the bandwidth utilization on each.

Thanks again!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!