What's new

Curious Wifi question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Duhme

New Around Here
Probably a question I'll catch flack about, but is it possible to use 2 asus routers (RT-AX86U pro and RT-AC68Uv2) connected by cat to double network SSID's? I've used the ac68u before just to increase my ethernet connections and controlled it thru the AX86U. I had the wireless bands turned off on the ac68, but I could've enabled them. If I hook it back up can I assign different SSID's to its wifi bands thru the Asus software or should it be logged in to differently?? I have different SSID's on 2.4 and 5 already but I have a case where I just need to add different SSIDs beside guest networks. I could use a guest network as a last alternative, but it would cause endless problems for my limited network understanding. I'm not really worried about overcrowding bandwidth. I've been lucky as both routers have exceptional range for me because I'm in a rural town. Either router inside my house will stream to the TV on the 5GH network to the inside of a metal garage about 100' away, and I can use 2.4G inside my bank a block away without hiccup's.

OK, thanks. I have set it up before, I just wasn't sure if you could assign different SSID's to each band/router. It would be a lot of work getting it done and then find out I had to use the same SSID's as the main router - it would all be for nothing then.