What's new

Current Trend Micro Signature?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ceejus

Occasional Visitor
Is anyone else on a signature higher than 2.400 under Administration > Firmware Upgrade? Mine shows a last update on April 19th to 2.400. I've had issues with Asus routers falsely reporting signatures as the latest version despite there actually being newer ones.

It's the current latest available.

Code:
---- sig update start: ----
---- sig update real normal----
---- sig wget exit : 0 ----
Download sig info OK
WW_FULL
---- current sig : 2400 ----
---- latest sig : 2400 ----
---- sig update end ----

I also had TrendMicro signature of 2.400, with first update on 22nd Apr 2024. It is quite strange to me, as the signature is more than a month old, comparing to daily or weekly update of virus/blocklists database nowadays :confused:

I also had TrendMicro signature of 2.400, with first update on 22nd Apr 2024. It is quite strange to me, as the signature is more than a month old, comparing to daily or weekly update of virus/blocklists database nowadays :confused:
I've noticed that it usually only gets updated every month or two.

I don't know how long it has been this way, but the update check button in admin is only visible for me when AIprotection is enabled. It used to be the case that update was available even with AIprotection turned off. At least that's my experience.

I don't know how long it has been this way, but the update check button in admin is only visible for me when AIprotection is enabled. It used to be the case that update was available even with AIprotection turned off. At least that's my experience.

Same here. I also notice the Privacy... Policy... Privacy tab under Admin is back to Privacy.

1718138988222.png

OE

Asus seems undecided, it's still Policy for me (yep, used to be Privacy). Different routers obviously

It used to be the case that update was available even with AIprotection turned off.

It will be there for any firmware feature using Trend Micro engine - AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, Apps Analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost, Web History. Will disappear only after withdrawing Trend Micro data sharing agreement and all of the above features are turned off.

Asus seems undecided, it's still Policy for me (yep, used to be Privacy). Different routers obviously

To paraphrase a great old movie, Fort Dobbs, "How do you tell a customer you invade their privacy?"... "How do you tell a customer you don't."

OE

It will be there for any firmware feature using Trend Micro engine - AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, Apps Analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost, Web History. Will disappear only after withdrawing Trend Micro data sharing agreement and all of the above features are turned off.
Yep, that's the way it is now. But like I said (and I'll elaborate a bit to make it clear), the update button was available previously with no trend micro stuff activated and no agreements to withdraw from.

Yep, that's the way it is now. But like I said (and I'll elaborate a bit to make it clear), the update button was available previously with no trend micro stuff activated and no agreements to withdraw from.
It never was for me. You might be confusing it with the button to check for firmware updates.

Both update buttons where there - the firmware update and the signature update. As a general rule I don't activate anything trend as it sucks my 500Mb fibre down to about 300 Mb
I'm mistaken.loaded 386.7_2 just to prove myself wrong 🤣

Last edited:
Yeah, I've also never seen signature update button without something Trend Micro spying on background. 🤭

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!