What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.36SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which is more stable and Robust Build.

• Stock

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Voxel 34F

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Voxle 35F

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Voxel 36F

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • LEDE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DDWRT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ulaganath

Very Senior Member
Changes (vs 1.0.2.35SF):

1. Most important: samba is upgaded 3.0.24->3.6.25 (with all security patches).
2. ncurses package is upgraded 5.9->6.0.
3. util-linux package is upgraded 2.28->2.30.1.
4. liblz4 package is upgraded 1.7.5->1.8.0.
5. e2fsprogs package is upgraded 1.43.5->1.43.6.
6. Host tools: e2fsprogs is upgraded too.

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

Last edited:
Sorry, IMO your poll has no much sense. What for to compare three concrete versions of my firmware with abstract versions of stock or DD-WRT or LEDE? Plus making missprints in my nickname and in names of versions...

Also (no abuses, ok?) I'd prefer to announce 1.0.2.36SF myself. OK? Just to have possibility to edit my announcement later.

Voxel.

Sorry, IMO your poll has no much sense. What for to compare three concrete versions of my firmware with abstract versions of stock or DD-WRT or LEDE? Plus making missprints in my nickname and in names of versions...

Also (no abuses, ok?) I'd prefer to announce 1.0.2.36SF myself. OK? Just to have possibility to edit my announcement later.

Voxel.

I didnt want to make any bad of your firmware. I am sorry for posting on your behalf. Yes its your work. I have no rights. If require close the thread. I dont know if i have option to do.

I didnt want to make any bad of your firmware. I am sorry for posting on your behalf. Yes its your work. I have no rights. If require close the thread. I dont know if i have option to do.

No problems, do not worry. Just leave everything "as is".

Voxel.

Samba being updated.....

A little confused here. I've read places where Netgear has left their FW at SMB1 support. Does Samba being updated mean the custom FW supports SMB2/3, etc.?

Samba being updated.....

A little confused here. I've read places where Netgear has left their FW at SMB1 support. Does Samba being updated mean the custom FW supports SMB2/3, etc.?

Samba 3.6.25 does add SMB2.0 support, however I'm not sure if Voxel is able to modify the smb.conf config file to enable that.

Good afternoon sir. Missing the ASUS interface... this thing is faster than the 68U, as one would expect. Throughput a little faster too.

I had a weird thing happen when enabling HT160 and I think it might be related to this SMB thing. Not sure of course but maybe.....

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!