What's new

D-LInk DAP 2553 Connectivity Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

herbinthepas

New Around Here
I am as new as they come. Have a basic understanding but looking for help.

We have d-link dap2553 air premier ..... that we just installed. 4 in total.

Our guests can connect with their pc's no problem. Mac's & Ipods could find the network but not able to surf the net.

Any thoughts or help would be really appreciated. :)

What modem and/or router and their firmware versions are the dap2553's connected to? Do the dap2553's have the latest firmware? Are the dap2553's using DHCP or static addresses? What are the IP addresses the router is using, like it's address, it's DHCP range, IP's given to the dap2553's? What OS/iOS versions are the Apple products running? On the Mac, open terminal and type> ifconfig , post the results.

Last edited:
I bough the DAP-2553 last autumn and have not had this problem. I am using the stick firmware it came with. I have had no problem connecting to internet via 3 windows laptops, a Windows server, Iphone 4 and a Mac Mini server edition).

I suspect you may have either a bad unit, or have not set it up properly. Particularly if the guest network is fine and the standard network is not.

I's suggest wiping your whole setup and starting from scratch.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!