What's new

D-LINK DIR-510L WI FI AC750 PORTABLE ROUTER AND CHARGER REVIEWED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mickcoz

New Around Here
I recently visited a hotel that provied wireless Internet connection through a tomizone service.

The initial wireless connection required no password so it was kind of like an open wireless connection that my android phone and tablet as well as the wife's phone and tablet would connect to.

When trying to browse the web or open my email app I couldn't get to an outside page or email service without first going to a tomizone web page and entering a provided voucher number. Unfortunately only one device could use the voucher at a time and any other device would get a voucher in use message and not be able to get to anything external. If the first device disconnected from the wireless network then a second device could connect and enter voucher ok. The first device would now get the voucher in use message until the other device diconnected etc.

I couldn't seem to make my dir-510L travel router see the tomizone wireless connection even though the phone and tablet would show themselves as connected. The tomizone wirelss connection was shown by the phone and tablet as Tomizone@thehotel rather than a more normal looking ssid.

When I tried to create an internet profile the dir-510L said there was no hotspot.

So finally my question is does anyone know how I can use the dir-510L to connect to that type of tomizone service to allow multiple devices get to the web.

I've had design issues with most D-Link products I've owned or used in jobs.

Stopped using them some time ago. Too inconsistent from product to product.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!