What's new

D-Link DIR-655 Losing Connection After Electrical Storm

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

luciachan

New Around Here
So we had a huge lightning storm the other night, we thought we had everything unplugged but we missed a few things. One of which was the router, after the storm the router was intermittent. First it would allow wireless but not wired then the opposite then both would work, then nothing, etc. etc. Wiggling the cable connected to the main internet port would set it off and it would also do it on it's own without touching it. We tried changing cables but it didn't help. Tried opening it up nothing seems to be damaged. So basically I just want to know is there anything I can do? Is it worth getting repaired?
Also I found a great deal on a recertified Netgear WNDR3700 for $70 should I just buy that and cut my losses with the D-Link?

also (kinda OT) we had an xbox 360 plugged into the router and the ethernet port on the xbox stopped working that same night. The other devices plugged in to it were fine though. I hate Lightning!! :mad:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online