What's new

D-Link DIR-868L a great choice to get started?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

orlando74

New Around Here
Hey guys, I'm new here... going to get rid of my antique DLINK 624 as it covers only up to G and Ive got devices capable of using N and AC now. I'm looking at getting the DLINK DIR-868L or something similar...

• I'm not a fan of products that have antennas sticking out, I prefer something sleek
  • I'm not doing any wifi gaming. the heaviest load might be watching youtube videos from my laptop in the kitchen
  • I live in a bachelor apartment - lots of wifi connections in the building
  • I only need to currently connect laptop, tablet, smartphone - probably rarely at the same time - these devices are either ac1200 or n
  • Price is important - im not going to get the latest and greatest
  • USB connection could be cool for having my own mini cloud storage
  • I might use this to host my own domain at some point (FTP server)
  • I'd probably like to have a cool app to use with the router
  • Although Im not seeking the latest and greatest, I do feel the right choice is to skip N router althogether and get started on AC since I do have devices which can handle it
There is a sale right now on DLINK DIR-868L (140$ CDN) and it seems to suit my needs. Although their GUI is horrendous I think I can live with that since I wont be spending my time there that often. I also dont like that they are not updating their firmwares as often as netgear or asus but maybe thats not a bad thing after all?

Does this sound like a good solution?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!