What's new

D-Link DIR-890L available in Canada

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How strange. This morning I had a newsletter in my inbox promoting this router I never heard of so I immediatly Googled for DIR-890L review but found nothing, nada! I was a bit surprised, it's like a just released product but already in promo.

Maybe the distribution is limited to some country? What does the L stand for? I don't remember another model ending with letter L.

Not that I can afford one but I'll keep an eye to stay up to date with latest models.

Specs?

Does anyone know where I can find the hardware specs for the 890l? Processor, ram, that kind of thing?

Hmm

Ya, that's all I could find as well. I'm wondering what's in this badboy because in my experience, DLink never seems to do anything great, but their stuff just seems to work as advertised. Nowadays that seems to be rare. I've never had UPNP issues or things like that with their gear, only some streamboost issues.

Anyway, depending what's under the hood it might have my interest.

BTW, no one is disclosing or seems to have information on the processor(s) that are used in this thing. All I could find is that it is supposed to have dual 1Ghz processors, but I could locate no info about whose chips are used.

All AC3200 products are based on the same Broadcom Xtream platform, which is centered around a BCM4709.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!