What's new

D7800 Unable to upload new firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

meecees2911

New Around Here
I have a beta unit and am trying to update to the latest firmware so I can help with some testing of the new OpenWRT firmware available on myopenrouter.com, however I can't seem to upload any (official Netgear releases or otherwise) firmware to my unit. My current firmware is 1.0.0.28.

I've tried resetting to factory settings many times, but this still doesn't work.

Is anyone able to recommend anything I can try ?

Probably best to ask the test team, they may have to give you a transition firmware.

Thanks for the idea avtella, I've been provided with a transitional firmware from the Netgear team.
Apparently there was a hardware change between the beta and production models.

I have a beta unit and am trying to update to the latest firmware so I can help with some testing of the new OpenWRT firmware available on myopenrouter.com, however I can't seem to upload any (official Netgear releases or otherwise) firmware to my unit. My current firmware is 1.0.0.28.

I've tried resetting to factory settings many times, but this still doesn't work.

Is anyone able to recommend anything I can try ?

Interesting, there is a openwrt frmware available for the D7800, but it is missing the key feature, dsl support.
Who buys a dsl router in order to flash a firmware that has no dsl support?

Yeah that happens occasionally, meecees2911, I was part of that test as well.

Hello meecees2911 and avtella, I found your conversation on the firmware that failed to upgrade. I was also part of the Beta. Do you still have the transition firmware ? I can't seem to find it. I am stuck in the beta firmware version and not to the latest one available on the netgear website.
Cheers,
neastea18

Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the transistion firmware, you might be better off contacting the Netgear Beta channel for it.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!