What's new

DAP1522 Multiple AP or Bridge?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rstark18

Occasional Visitor
I have a Linksys E3000 running Tomato that is my main AP connected to my cable modem. On the other side of the house I have a DLink DAP 1522 that I had previously used as a wireless bridge for my DVR & PS3. The spot it's in isn't very good so the signal is slow. I have wired the 1522 directly to the E3000 and that has taken care of my DVR & PS3.

What I want to do now is to utilize the 1522's wireless portion for that end of the house. I was reading that I can setup multiple AP's using the same SSID and my wireless devices will seamlessly switch between them depending which has the stronger signal.

What should I set the 1522 switch to? The 1522 has a physical switch in the back that is either AP or Bridge. Reading this article ( http://bit.ly/n761Rx ) they say to put the 1522 in Bridge mode. But if I do that won't it try to pick up the wireless signal from the E3000? Are there different types of Bridge mode? Should I set the switch on the 1522 to AP or bridge?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!