What's new

Desperate need for help, packet loss on Asus ax11000, no solution.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mittenz

Occasional Visitor
Im going insane with this packet loss issue.

When i have isp modem in router mode, zero packet loss super fast internet.

When i use my ISP modem in router mode, tons of packet loss 50-70% at the asus router according to pingplotter.
I switched it for my second ax11000, factory reset and same issue.

What is the cause of huge packet loss with bridge mode to my modem?
If anyone can help it would be immensely useful.

What is the cause of huge packet loss with bridge mode to my modem?

1. What Firmware are you running on your Asus router?
  2. What is the make and module of your ISP modem?
  3. How are you wiring your modem to Asus router?
  4. When you say "factory reset" are you referring to method 1 or 2 reset procedures.
Have you considered, after trying 2 different Asus routers, that your ISP modem is the common denominator and likely where your problem lies. Have you tried a different ISP modem?

Also we do not have the option to use a different ISP modem, were forced to use the provided one; otherwise we lose the 2gbps internet.

1) Frimware: Latest Merlin (Router A) and official WRT (Router B).
2) Modem: CGM4981COM
3) CAT6 and CAT 7 (tried both) from the 2.5gbps port on the modem to the 2.5gbps port on either A or B router; I also tested the modem to Wan 1gbps and similar ping losses.
4) I have done the WPS reset method, and standard, this had no effect on the packet loss situation.

Please see first line, this is the same level of packet loss regardless of router. This causes websites to rubberband with fast to slow loading randomly, all the time.
When using modem only, its working perfectly.

Please see
packetloss .png

Last edited:
CAT6 and CAT 7 (tried both) from the 2.5gbps port on the modem to the 2.5gbps port on either A or B router; I also tested the modem to Wan 1gbps and similar ping losses.
Just to be clear, you are connecting your modem LAN 2.5gbps port to your Asus WAN 2.5gbps port (not LAN). Right?

Yes, but im going into the WAN settings and setting it to the 2.5gbps on the asus.
Additionally, when i use the 1gbps lan to 1gbps wan on the asus, same packet loss.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!