What's new

Destination based qos?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfatula

Regular Contributor
Have a RT-AC68U with Merlins current firmware. I see that QOS rules can be set up based on local IP, and, the destination port.

What I need, however, is to set up a rule for destination IP (the outbound IP) and port. The reason is this....

A given machine does video traffic mostly, and, I want to give it higher priority so it doesn't break up. HOWEVER, some of the same ports used for video traffic, are also used for backup software as it turns out. So, I can't give everything on the machine high priority. What I want is to give low priority for a certain port(s) to certain destination IP(s), and, higher to everything else.

Any way to do this?

Have a RT-AC68U with Merlins current firmware. I see that QOS rules can be set up based on local IP, and, the destination port.

What I need, however, is to set up a rule for destination IP (the outbound IP) and port. The reason is this....

A given machine does video traffic mostly, and, I want to give it higher priority so it doesn't break up. HOWEVER, some of the same ports used for video traffic, are also used for backup software as it turns out. So, I can't give everything on the machine high priority. What I want is to give low priority for a certain port(s) to certain destination IP(s), and, higher to everything else.

Any way to do this?

It can be done but not though the GUI...you have to modify the IPTables and TC rules manually though startup scripts.