What's new

DHCP and DNSMASQ problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ozgurcnbyz

Regular Contributor
hi,
I am new to asus routers as well as Merlin firmware and i guess i am making a stupid mistake but heres what i did and what happened afterwards.

enabled jffs partition and formatted it
sshd to the router and verified that the folders existed. then created a dnsmasq.conf.add file like touch dnsmasq.conf.add under jffs/configs. then copied some server entries which i got from a list. chmod for execution permission and then rebooted the server. the problem i have now is that once i reboot the router DHCP wont work anymore. i am pretty sure i screw up somewhere and hope you guys could help.
thanks

Give your PC a static IP within the same IP range as the router. You should be able then to connect back to your router, remove the incorrect config file, and reboot.

Give your PC a static IP within the same IP range as the router. You should be able then to connect back to your router, remove the incorrect config file, and reboot.

well i already did that to be able to connect back to the router but what i need help with is to actually make it work so that i can watch netflix and other services. btw i am using acevpns unblock tv service.

well i already did that to be able to connect back to the router but what i need help with is to actually make it work so that i can watch netflix and other services. btw i am using acevpns unblock tv service.

People can't help you with your dnsmasq.conf custom config if you don't mention what you actually did there. I was merely offering you a suggestion as to how to recover access to your router since you mentionned having an invalid dnsmasq config file that prevent DHCP from working.

allright got it working. still dont know what the problem was but instead of copying a domain list i started off with few entries and it works. thanks