What's new

DHCP option 43 on edgerouter 8 pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ola Malmstrom

Regular Contributor
Hi!

I am struggling to set up one of my Cisco access points 2802i-e-k running CAPWAP. I have two other 2802i-e-k9 both running ME. This works just fine. However I would like to manage the CAPWAP AP from the WLC user interface. However I just can't get it to connect to the WLC (the controller)

I have tried a number of things without success such as fixed IP address, with netmask 255.255.255.0, hard-coding the CAPWAP AP to reach out to both the primary and secondary WLC (the other two APs).

My last straw seems to be to define DHCP option 43 for the CAPWAP AP. This needs to be done on my Edgerouter 8 Pro,r unning the latest fw version. However, whatever I try, doesn't work.

Seems like I need to run the command "set service dhcp-server shared-network-name LAN-DHCP subnet 192.x.x.x/24 option 43" and then a hex string of some sort.

Can anyone managed to get the Option 43 correct on an edgerouter?

Have you asked on the Ubiquiti support forum?