What's new

Diagnosing recent slow wireless issues - WNDR3700 v1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ashG

Occasional Visitor
In the past week, my wife and I have been noticing some speed issues with wireless connections at our house. We live a little off the beaten path, with no interference from other routers.

Here's a quick map:

DLink DSL Modem (bridge mode) -> WNDR3700 (V1.0.16.98NA firmware)

-wired-> Desktop computer, Vonage adapter, computer test/repair bench
-wireless-> 2 laptops, iPad 2, Android phone, Logitech Revue

We have 6MB AT&T DSL through AT&T. Wired speeds are consistently high with no laggy feel or hang while loading web pages or games.

The iPad 2 has never been responsive on this router, and after my latest phone update my Droid is sluggish now too. Both of them are noticeable quicker on my 3MB school office connection (DGL-4100 router), even though there's more network congestion and several other access points within range. The laptops have been quick on the home network until lately.

I've tried complete system shutdowns and restarts, clearing data and putting the settings back manually, reflashing firmware, etc. Anything wifi is now just sluggish.

Any recommendations for what else to do are more than welcome. We'd rather not spend the money on another router right now, but if we have to bite the bullet we'll survive.

What am I missing? How do I get everything working happily together again?

Have you changed any of the WNDR3700's wireless settings from factory defaults and what encryption are you using?

Are you sure there are no interference sources? Any new phones or appliances?
Is there anything that has changed?