What's new

Difference between ASUS RT-N53 and ASUS RT-N56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hdunlavy

New Around Here
I read the reviews for the ASUS RT-N56U on this site, and when looking around on Amazon, found the ASUS RT-N53.

It appears that the only difference between these two devices is that the N56U has a USB port so that external storage and/or printers can be attached, as well as the wired ports being 10/100/1000 vs. 10/100.

Does anyone know if the wireless specs for the two devices are the same? As far as I can tell, they are, however the Amazon listing is not very detailed. I am just surprised there is no mention of the N53 model on this site.

Thanks.

I read the reviews for the ASUS RT-N56U on this site, and when looking around on Amazon, found the ASUS RT-N53.

It appears that the only difference between these two devices is that the N56U has a USB port so that external storage and/or printers can be attached, as well as the wired ports being 10/100/1000 vs. 10/100.

Does anyone know if the wireless specs for the two devices are the same? As far as I can tell, they are, however the Amazon listing is not very detailed. I am just surprised there is no mention of the N53 model on this site.

Thanks.

Hi There,

In terms of wireless:
1) The RT-N53 does not have AiRadar, also known as beamforming.
2) The RT-N53 supports Repeater Mode, the N56U does not.
3) The RT-N56U's antenna have a slightly higher output.

Hope this helps!