What's new

Different Backhaul SSID in the same mesh network!?!?!?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomasx

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I have the following

1 RBR50v2 router
1 RBR50v2 satellite

1 RBR50 router converted into an RBS50 satellite
1 RBS50 satellite

So, my system consists of 1 RBR50 router and 3 RBS50 satellites, in one mesh system.

I noticed today that one of the satellites is running on 2.4G backhaul while the others on 5G, I have moved around and tried a few things, but the one satellite is always running 2.4G.

It turns out it is the unit converted from RBR50 to RBS50 that runs on 2.4G. And then I also noticed that when I log on to the satellite's own homepage, it says it is NOT connected via backhaul to the router.
The router however says that the satellite is connected with good backhaul status. So that's odd.

The satellite is working, the computer I am writing this post on, is connected through this satellite.

I then found out about the hidde_info.htm webpage in the units. So I checked them all out. And there is one pussling thing.

The two v2 units says they have

Backhaul SSID : NETGEAR_ORBI_hidden29

But the two other units/satellites (including the converted one) says they have

Backhaul SSID : NETGEAR_ORBI_hidden65

How can this be possible?

Should I change the two satellites with the '65'-ID to the same as the routers Backhaul SSID '29'-ID, and if so, how can I do that? Through the serial port console I would assume. What would the command be in that case?

Thanks!

Last edited: