What's new

DIR-825 QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

red123

New Around Here
So I just received my dir-825 and installed it, but I have no idea how to use the QoS function. Anyone know of any guides for it?

Also, I seem to be having trouble connecting with my 2.4Ghz frequency at 300 Mbs. The highest that I have seen it at is 130 Mbs. I am running a intel 4965AGN wireless card. I checked the d-link forum and I made sure that on my router I set the channel width to 20/40 Mhz auto. Is there anything else that I need to set? A screen shot would be nice. Also when I connect to my 5Ghz freq, I maxed out at 240 Mbs and it varies quite often.

Last edited:
So I just received my dir-825 and installed it, but I have no idea how to use the QoS function. Anyone know of any guides for it?
Read the user manual.

Also, I seem to be having trouble connecting with my 2.4Ghz frequency at 300 Mbs. The highest that I have seen it at is 130 Mbs. I am running a intel 4965AGN wireless card. I checked the d-link forum and I made sure that on my router I set the channel width to 20/40 Mhz auto. Is there anything else that I need to set? A screen shot would be nice. Also when I connect to my 5Ghz freq, I maxed out at 240 Mbs and it varies quite often.
I think the Intel 4965AGN card locks out 40 MHz bandwidth mode in 2.4 GHz, or at least it used to.

Check the Wireless connection properties and look for 802.11n Channel Width (2.4GHz)- I think it's the first one. Make sure it it set to Auto (it's set to 20MHz by default).

If you can't change the setting, download and install the latest driver from Intel. You may need to uninstall your current driver and utility.

Unfortunately, the user manual doesn't show how to set it up. Anyway, after doing a lot of search, I found that there are not a lot of information about setting up QoS. Seems kind of a useless feature if there is no guide to set it up (not even from the manufacturer). =/

I am going to guess how to set it up. So I need to know the Local and Remote IP Range, Local and Remote Port Range, and Protocol (Any, TCP, UDP, Both, ICMP, Other). So is the IP range the computer that is going to connect to my router and the Port Range is the ports that my applications are using?

I believe that web browsing uses port 80 and 81 with protocol TCP so do I set the Local and Remote IP Range to 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255, Local and Remote Port Range to 80-81 and protocol to TCP?

P2P downloading (torrenting) uses a lot of port and I have no clue which protocol it uses. So I need help figuring out this information. I don't really need to prioritize P2P torrenting because my housemates can just limit their dl, but it is a nice feature to have in case my future housemates are a******s. =P

I do want to be able to prioritize streaming and direct downloading, but I have no clue what ports and protocol they use. Please help. Also please correct my misunderstanding if I have made a mistake.

The 825 uses Ubicom's automatic StreamEngine QoS, which does a pretty good job of automatically managing uplink only bandwidth. You don't really need to do anything besides enable it.

Yeah..., I know about that feature, but I am still getting lag whenever someone is streaming/dling while I am playing a PC game. So I would like to be able to add some customized priorities. And besides, I believe that the automatic QoS set web browsing as lowest priority which I think is stupid =/

Last edited:
Yeah..., I know about that feature, but I am still getting lag whenever someone is streaming/dling while I am playing a PC game. So I would like to be able to add some customized priorities. And besides, I believe that the automatic QoS set web browsing as lowest priority which I think is stupid =/

Why? The entire point of QoS is to give priority to those types of traffic that require consistent bandwidth, like streaming media or VoIP.

Plain vanilla web browsing does not gain any advantage from having higher QoS.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!