What's new

dir655 / dwa160 performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dieter

Using iperf, i'm only realizing 35Mbps from my laptop to my desktop (uplink which Tim's IxChariot results show around 80+Mbps). It matters none if the laptop is 3ft from the 655 or whether it is one floor above the 655.

The 655 is set up for auto 20/40, and i have tried different channels, all with the same results. The SPEED of connection show to be 270Mbps on the Wireless Network Connection icon.

There are no other APs nearby. the 655 is seeing several other weak (below 30%) networks, on different channels from what i selected.

Any thoughts as to what the problem might be, or is the DWA160 just slow?

Dieter

one more bit of information. the G adapter inbuilt in my laptop gets about 25Mbps to the desktop using iperf. This being that the laptop is one floor above the 655, the same location where the dwa60 gets about 35Mbps.

OK, so i increased the buffer size to 8Meg and the max segment to 8KB, and the thruput increased to about 65Mbps with dropouts to 0 after about 7 seconds.

Tim, what should the iperf config be set to to get similar results as you did?

Tim, what should the iperf config be set to to get similar results as you did?
Had to do some digging and only have some of the info.

Test filesize is 1 to 3 MB, depending on throughput of connection.
Send buffer is 4KB, RCV is 32KB. I don't have IxChariot override XP's default MSS size.