What's new

Disable A record ASUS DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tom Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Is there a way to only publish the IPv6 address of the router?
My current setup has IPv4 by CG-NAT, thous the router would not be reachable by the A record published by asuscomm.com

/Brgds
Tom

Using asuscomm.com I believe not. Some other DDNS services allow you to pick and choose the records you want to update/publish, but if you are not publishing your IPv4 address then it'll probably mean looking at a custom (but pretty simple) script.
I believe Hurricane Electric allows a degree of customization but to update your IPv6 you may find the need to use "curl -6" in your script which is often not considered good practice.
*Personally using Dynv6 as I can use a single call to update multiple hosts based on IPv6 prefix and device-MAC - though if you need certificates, that's still best done per device!

**If it wasn't for the bad grammar you'd think I was a chatbot!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!